Thursday, September 4, 2008

Solitude

I find myself alone this weekend. This is not normal. Not much of my adult life has been spent alone. The only alone time I usually have is on my drive to work. But now I have three whole days alone--all alone. Well, not really; God is there. I know God has set this time aside for me to be with him. I have sensed it since the first of the week. In the spring, my husband takes a backpack trip and in the fall he and my boys go hunting. The hunting trip is an annual thing, but this year for me, its different.
I feel God's holy spirit calling to my heart...calling me to a time of solitude, prayer and fasting. There's something that's a new in my life--fasting. I've only done this once before during the backpack trip last spring. I will diligently seek what the Lord wants to reveal to me. I diligently seek an answer to my persistent prayer. Lord, empty me so that I can be filled with you. I stand in the gap and believe. I thank you for your answer.

No comments: